Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Stay at home moms and such

As I was browsing my Facebook feed I came across an article on The Huffington Post about a Mama describing her day when she had '3 very tiny, very messy, very beautiful rug rats'. It's a great article and you can read it HERE. It wasn't the article in it self that struck me but The way she described her day. Couldn't have described it better. Makes me feel like I'm not the only one that feels like I'm going crazy with my littles but your love for them is a crazy amount that's not even fathomable that's even better than you could have ever imagined. You truly don't understand unless you have gone or are going through this lovely thing. It really is a crazy, beautiful, wonderful and rewarding thing. So this is the peice I loved...


"How was my day? Today has been a lifetime. It was the best of times and the worst of times. There were moments when my heart was so full I thought I might explode, and there were other moments when my senses were under such intense assault that I was CERTAIN I'd explode. I was both lonely and absolutely desperate to be alone. I was saturated -- just BOMBARDED with touch and then the second I put down this baby I yearned to smell her sweet skin again. I was simultaneously bored out of my skull and completely overwhelmed with so much to do. Today was too much and not enough. It was loud and silent. It was brutal and beautiful. I was at my very best today and then, just a moment later, at my very worst. At 3:30 today I decided that we should adopt four more children, and then at 3:35 I decided that we should give up the kids we already have for adoption. Husband -- when your day is completely and totally dependent upon the moods and needs and schedules of tiny, messy, beautiful rug rats your day is ALL OF THE THINGS and NONE OF THE THINGS, sometimes within the same three minute period. But I'm not complaining. This is not a complaint, so don't try to FIX IT. I wouldn't have my day Any.Other.Way. I'm just saying -- it's a hell of a hard thing to explain -- an entire day with lots of babies. "


I really wouldn't has it any other way. I don't like to complain (who am I kidding, I love to complain, all the time, mostly to landen. Who loves to hear me complain ;) )But I'm only human and it is a struggle. I'm 22 (start singing Taylor Swift now) with two under two. It's madness. It is a hell of a hard thing to explain. 

I would love to hear or talk about the funny stories and struggles you go through with your babies. 

Just barely, as I'm writing this, Sasuke wanted a cup of 'treats' which is Reese's puffs cereal. Ya know, the healthiest choice of the bunch.  He's been asking for it all morning and I explained he needed to eat his yogurt and toast before he could have any treats. So he ate his breakfast. The moment I pour some cereal in his cup (that he has been wanting all morning long, I remind you.) he yells 'No, Mama!' and dumps the whole cup on the floor. (That definitely needs to be swept) And those stupid little balls of cereal cover the entire floor and roll right under the table and fridge. (Yay I love cleaning!) Then he starts hitting me. (Which is new) These 2 year old shenanigans are something crazy, I tell ya. I guess you learn as you go..

That's all for now.. 


Plus- some cute pics from yesterday's walk.


We ended up at Costa Vida. 

When it's just me taking the babies out to places. Which I don't do often. I would like to. It takes practice and a lot of courage. I'm getting better. I just have to give myself a pep talk and calmly breathe and say you can do this. You can do this Cassie. Then I DO! And it's great.. And it's so much fun for everyone. 


Xoxo






1 comment:

  1. Cassie - you are doing an excellent job! Having two so close is both rewarding and extremely hard! Add in sickness, no sleep, terrible twos and bad weather that keeps you stuck in the house only adds to the adventure. Just keep this in mind...they are only small for such a short time, and it wil be gone before you know it. At least while they're young you have some control and even when they misbehave , they are so cute it's hard to get too mad.

    ReplyDelete