Thursday, February 20, 2014

Spontaneous Road trip

Say what? Landen was going on a quick business trip to Scottsdale, AZ. Asked if we also wanted to come. I said yes before it even came out of his mouth cause YOLO? I feel like I can say that now cause..YOLO. Ok pretend I didn't say that. I said yes because sometimes I get a little cabin fever. Where I would be down to do anything to get out. As I have talked about before - getting myself and my two LO's (little ones, if your not into that mommy talk) dressed, ready, fed, changed, dressed again because they have chocolate all over their entire body from a cookie I don't know where they got. Or candle wax from digging their fingers into and spreading it all over the tv screen. Once again no idea how they got that one either. Maybe I need to be better about putting things higher. ITS A LOT OF WORK regardless. The last thing you need to make sure you pack a Marry Poppins bag filled with everything and anything you could need while your out just in case cause you never know. 

ANYWAYS - I said yes and we packed up the boys and hit the road for the 12 hour drive. 24 hours total in the car. Crazy right? I mean, like really really crazy. Two under two. Let me tell you though. They were A-MAAAAZ-ING! Like seriously. We made stops along the way and play places and to eat and Walmarts to walk around and get them out for a while. But they were so great. Like so so so great. Must get it from me. ;) 








 
2 minute later...







 Continental breakfast- 



















THEN.. We decided to see the Grand Canyon because neither of us had seen it before. And boy was it worth the $25 dollars to get into the park. But seriously, it was foggy at the visitor center part but then we found some spots on the way back down. Breath taking and so beautiful. It was amazing. 

This was an amusement park sorta thing? Cool either way, it was closed though. 









 
I wish I had some pictures where you could actually see how deep the canyon is. The colors of it is so beautiful. 

Well have you ever been to the Grand Canyon? 

I need to be better about posting! It's a lot more fun when your blog is up to date and you not blogging about events that were weeks ago. Then your playing catch up. I'll be better, promise.

Hope your week is cruising by! 

Something exciting happened in our life's and I'll share once it's further down the road! (Nothing to do with pregnancy or anything like that. You think I'm crazy?)

Xoxo 
 


1 comment:

  1. You and Landen are SO brave! We drove 6 hours to Boise and let me tell you, if it wasn't for the extended family in the car, we would not have made it out of SLC.

    ReplyDelete